I’m currently working on a fun project with a bit of a challenging client. She's headstrong, has an inherent flair for design and fashion and has absolutely no respect for budget. She also happens to be my 6 year old daughter. She’s finally outgrowing the Disney princess stage (yay!) and it’s time for something a bit more on trend. We took our inspiration from a series of vintage carnival prints I had purchased a while ago but haven’t found a home for. Once we started this little project I immediately knew they were the perfect starting point. Today I’m going to show you one of two ideas we are working on. This one is fun and vibrant and a little bit mod. A palette that reflects her vibrant personality with classic forms that will last for many years.
1. French Bull Kiss peel & stick wallpaper from Wallcandy Arts. This will go on the headboard wall. I love that this is easily removable to accommodate the whims of a creative young mind.
2. As You Wish upholstered bed by Land of Nod. This classic form will last her many, many years.
3. Organic Cotton Pintuck Duvet from West Elm. The pintuck takes a crisp white duvet to another level.
4. Vintage gumball print from September Wren at Etsy. One of the prints the concept is based on.
5. Butterfly fabric by Lulu DK for Schumacher. This charming fabric will be for toss cushions & a studio shade.
6. Perch! - Henrietta the Bird ornament from 2modern. These birds are so whimsical and fun. I'd hang 3 over her reading corner.
7. Nelson Saucer Criss Cross Lamp from ylighting. This classic lamp will feel cloud-like in the room.
8. Bertoia Child's Diamond Chair from 2modern. A small but comfy mid-century modern treasure perfect for a reading corner.
9. Checkmate Table Lamp by Land of Nod. I love the timeless shape of this lamp. The hot pink colour really makes it pop.
10. Martini side table from West Elm. A simple bedside table, easy enough to move around the room if the need be.
11. Waterfall by Benjamin Moore. A soft aqua accent colour for the walls.
Check back soon for the second scheme as well as the final decision.